Yep. I had no clue you could do it. It tastes really good especially at the end with a drizzle of butter infused Olive Oil, parsley, and Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- Small packet of bella mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 2 cups of rice (I had Jazmine because I couldn’t find my Arborio)
- Kosher salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small shallots
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of beef broth (to give it more body)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- .5 tablespoon of butter infused olive oil (optional)
- Parsley, Parmesan cheese for topping
How to do it:
- Hit the sauté and add a splash of garlic infused Olive Oil. Cut up your mushrooms and and sauté them for 6 minutes or until brown. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add Onion and shallots and sauté for 4 minutes or until onion and shallots are translucent. Add Rice and mix well. Leave in for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add Wine and 1/2 cup of water and deglaze the pan. Mix until wine is absorbed.
- Add the Broth and rest of the water. Place lid. You can hit manual OR if you have my version, just click pressure cooker and leave for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes its done (it took around 10 minutes for my IP to build pressure), do a quick release.
- OPTIONAL: add a splash of the butter infused olive oil and mix well
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and a little of the Parmesan cheese. Mix
- Divide into bowls and ENJOY. You can eat this by itself or you can add some chicken or a side.
If you want more recipes like this, let me know! If you haven’t already, click that follow and submit your email to get email notifications! You can also follow “Boricua in the Midwest” on Facebook too!