Remember that Spatchcock chicken recipe that I made? I had a TON of chicken left over and I decided to use the chicken for a 5 min lunch that I could use for lunch or dinner for the next day. Here it is!
- Half a chicken breast from my spatchcock chicken recipe (with the onion and lemon parts)
- 3 tablespoons of organic tahini
- 2 tablespoons of water
- juice of half a lemon
- lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 pita pocket or wrap
How to make it:
- This is COMPLETELY optional, but I had this for lunch at home. So I HAD the time to do this, but you can reheat the chicken in the pan. I used the onion and lemon that was part of this recipe. I threw everything into a pan and waited for 3-4 minutes for it to heat up. You can cut the chicken to whatever size you want for it, but remember it is going into a pita pocket, so it should be small enough to go inside it.
- While the chicken is reheating, in a small bowl throw the tahini, water, lemon, zest and garlic and mix together.
To assemble the pocket, add some of the tahini dressing at the bottom, and then the chicken on top. Another way of doing it is to add the tahini dressing into the pan and mix with the chicken, then add the chicken mixture into the pita pocket.
If you have burrito or wraps, you can do the same. I did have the idea of using my “spring time” salad mix that I got from target and add that to the pita/wrap, but I forgot. The tahini dressing can be used as the dressing for an easy salad to accompany your pita pocket/wrap!