I have a day off!! I just finished our Lenten Cantata, titled The Lenten Sketches (written by J. Martin). I had a week and a half of controlled chaos. Which means, I can (for at least today) relax. It is Holy Week, so I will take it, since I have to work Thursday – Sunday!
Here’s what I used. I honestly did not use concrete measurements, since I did it on a whim. This made 4 French Toast.
- A large splash of Coconut Milk
- A splash of milk (I used 2% milk)
- A HUGE pinch (about 2 tablespoons) of Cinnamon – I love cinnamon.
- 2 eggs
- 2 HUGE tablespoons of sweet condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter (1/2 tablespoon for each French toast)
How to make it:
- In a 2 quart bowl (or a big bowl) add all of the ingredients, then whisk until everything is combined. Make sure you whisk well, since the condensed milk can trick you.
- Add the bread and soak in the mixture.
- Heat a big cast iron or 12 inch pan, add the butter and when super hot, add the bread in and leave from 3-5 minutes. Until the bottom of the bread is crunchy and brown.
- Flip bread (if you want you can add more butter if that floats your boat) and leave for at least 3 minutes.
- When all of the bread pieces are done, plate them up! I did not have powdered sugar, so I added some whip cream and a raspberry (I didn’t have anything else. I ate them before it got to the plate. #NoRegrets).
What do you eat as a #TreatYourSelf moment on your days off?