Want a decadent, easy filling breakfast? Did you make my peril recipe and have some left over? This will fill you right up and it a super easy recipe for leftovers and it will be a great way to start your day in a lazy weekend.
This is what you need:
- 3 big potatoes (I had red potatoes)
- 2 carrots
- 4 large eggs
- Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons) – you can substitute with butter if you want.
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon (I had some leftover)
- Italian Parsley (for garnish)
- 1- 1.5 cup of your pernil
How to make it: (this makes 4 servings)
- To make your bacon: Grab a baking sheet and preheat your oven for 400 degrees. Place bacon in the oven for a minimum of 20 minutes (or as your crunchy preference)
- Cut your potatoes and carrots to a bite size pieces. In a cast iron skillet preheated in a medium high heat and cook for 20 minutes or until its fully cook through (it will depend on high small you dice your potatoes).
- After potatoes are done, take out of the pan and scramble your eggs (you can add 1 tablespoon of butter here if you want).
- As your eggs cook (2-3 mins), add the pernil reheats, dice your bacon.
- Add potatoes and bacon and mix through. My eggs finished cooking through when was mixing everything together.
- Serve immediately with your favorite coffee! I did a French press with the coffee mom sent me. from Puerto Rico.
This can be made for breakfast or dinner! This is a great way to use pernil leftovers after Easter Sunday!! You can swap it with shredded chicken or your preferred meat.
If you like recipes like this, click that Follow button. To get email updates, subscribe to the blog! You can also follow on Facebook with the page “Boricua in the Midwest”!